Our client in Westborough, MA is searching for an Inventory Specialist to join their team. This is a full-time Contract to Hire position.
Under direct supervision, responsible for maintaining cycle count schedule as per management direction.
Also play a key role in spot checks for accuracy and validation of inventory as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts and directs cycle counts on a weekly basis according to a prioritized product group calendar as directed by management.
- Notifies Management of any stock inventory adjustments from culling, cycle counts or shrink.
- Implements any returns to vendors: special order or stock material.
- Analyzes and reviews all special order vendor back orders as well as customer back orders that may be the result of poor inventory control practices.
- Assists in research with AP and count variances for items purchased by the branch.
- Notifies Management of any inventory adjustment due to damage, short shipment, returns or for any other reason.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products stocked or manufactured and how they are assembled
- Works with Inventory Supervisor to eliminate non-moving inventory.
- Communicates with Management on all Cycle Count variances to find root cause of problems and to keep the problem from reoccurring.
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of warehousing and material handling procedures preferred.
- Good math skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in warehouse area. The remaining time will be spent in office and production areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.