2nd shift 3:30pm - midnight
Contract to Hire
This position is a Contract to Hire opportunity under direct supervision, may perform duties in kitting, receiving, shipping, and other warehouse functions.
Responsibilities of the Material Handler:
- Distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices
- Manual unloading or operating a forklift to move pallets and parts
- Accurate counting and verifying received material.
- Calculates totals and extends weights, volumes; enters or scans appropriate data into system.
- Moves materials to warehouse area.
- Reads, interprets and accurately retrieves material from warehouse for production use from released work orders.
- Prepares required shipping labels, addresses, documents and certifications.
- Maintain accurate records of received goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items when necessary
Requirements of the Material Handler:
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of warehousing and material handling procedures preferred
- Good math skills and basic computer knowledge
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.