Inventory / Cycle count experience needed !!
Come work for an amazing company !!
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES
Responsible for the performance of a variety of manual and clerical duties required for the accurate and timely receipt, packaging, labeling, shipping and distribution of materials and products through the Company Stockroom and Shipping departments. Transport supplies, packages, equipment and materials (including hazardous materials), between various locations by driving company vehicles. Typical duties could include, but would not be limited to those listed below:
1. Identify, count and weigh incoming and outgoing products and materials to properly package, distribute and/or store such items, insuring all military (if applicable), customer, state, federal and customer regulations are met.
2. Process accurate bills of lading, invoices, damaged goods records, material and requisitions.
3. Initiate and prepare requisitions for standard supplies and materials based on established inventory levels or department requests. Obtain required approvals and check price and delivery of locally purchased material. Maintain safety stock of critical supplies as necessary.
4. Purchase materials via company account on petty cash and execute all associated paperwork including vouchers, receipts, purchase orders, etc. Maintain back-order file and follow-up. Maintain vendor and requisition file of locally purchased materials.
5. Perform visual inspection of goods picked up for possible damage and/or completeness.
6. Pick up and deliver at various suppliers and customers’ facilities. Operate vehicles in a manner consistent with DOT and State of New Hampshire DOS regulations.
7. Obtain proper authorization signature for deliveries, and records and return all receipts.
TITLE: Material Specialist II
8. Verify items to be shipped or received against information contained in Shipping/Receiving documents. Notify supervisor of damage, improper quantity, or other discrepancies.
9. Follow standard instructions in the selection of proper use of packing materials and packing procedures in accordance with Military, Air Transport Association or special customer specifications, if applicable.
10. Move, load and unload, store and retrieve materials, supplies, parts, raw stock, etc. May use hand trucks, dollies, and forklift trucks.
11. Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
12. Perform a variety of related shipping and receiving duties that may include general clerical work, light typing, checking items shipped or received, making deliveries, driving a company van, etc.
13. Perform other related duties, including active participation in Lean Manufacturing initiatives, as assigned.
High school education or equivalent in order to understand and use commercial English and basic Mathematics where accuracy is important. Requires familiarity with material handling documents and basic Shipping/Receiving procedures. Minimum 3 years Shipping/Receiving experience. Must be able to perform general clerical duties that require basic computer skills. May be required to pass a test for a commercial operator’s license in accordance with Federal and State regulations. This position requires frequent physical activity including walking, standing