Are you looking for a Team Lead opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company in the distribution industry needs a dynamic Shipper Team Lead to join a growing team in Olive Branch, MS. This temp to direct position offers growth and a great benefit program.
Shipper Team Lead
- Responsible for performing other warehouse tasks as assigned by the Operations Supervisor or the Distribution Center Manager.
- Generate all required Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the Shipping group. Responsible to take action to address performance issue identified by the KPI’s. Responsible to communicate KPI information to the Shipping group.
- Participate in the process to evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals. Responsible to participate and support the progressive discipline process for members of the Shipping group as required.
- Assist in the administration of all company policies and procedures as they pertain to the shipping group. Ensures all Associates in the Shipping group have received necessary training to complete his/her daily jobs.
- Serves as the primary contact for Customer Service to address expedited shipment request, and answers any shipping related questions.
- Allocate shipping documents and monitor the open orders to ensure that the shipments are processed to accomplish the Company’s daily shipping objectives.
- Understand all functionality of the software programs that are used to process the shipping and inventory transactions.
- Is able to perform minor maintenance tasks to keep the workstations operational.
- Trained and capable to perform all duties as assigned to the Shipping team.
- Direct, supervise, and plan the work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities.
- Assigns duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance.
- The position is responsible for assisting teams in meeting KPIs.
- Trained on all functions of the Company’s primary business system that are applicable to the position of Shipping Team Lead.
- Previous material handling experience is a plus.
- Competent math skills and legible handwriting are a requirement.
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Degree in related field a plus.
- This person will be trained on the various ISO procedures that are followed to ship product to customers or to transfer product.
- Ability to provide group or individual training.
- Ability to work required hours and over time when necessary.
- Ability to give work direction
Mon-Sat; 6 am to 4 pm
$20 per hour - salary
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.