Shipping Clerk I
- This person shall be responsible for accurately completing all shipping documentation and/or all computer system entries.
- The Shipping Clerk I will be responsible for performing other warehouse tasks as assigned by the Shipping Lead, Shipping Team Lead, Operations Supervisor or the Distribution Center Manager.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures
- Selection of products as specified on the shipping documentation and accurately completing all required documentation.
- As required , complete the daily Fork truck Inspection document.
- Accurately process the computer transactions associated with the order.
- Over pack, palletize and stretch wrap products for shipment.
- Record shipping details (weight, cases shipped, number of pallets, etc.) on the shipping documentation.
- Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience
- Will be trained on the various ISO-9000 procedures that are followed to ship product to customers or to transfer product.
- Will be trained on the proper operation of each piece of equipment prior to unsupervised operation.
- Will be trained on all functions of the Company’s primary business system that are applicable to the position of Shipping Clerk I.
- Previous material handling experience is a plus.
- Competent math skills and legible handwriting are a requirement.
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- The Shipping Clerk I shall have a high school diploma (or GED).
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly working near moving equipment (fork lifts, conveyors, shrink wrappers)
- An employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and wet or humid conditions.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.