Are you looking for an Warehouse opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company in Memphis, TN needs a dynamic Warehouse Operator to join a growing team. This temp to direct position offers growth and a great benefit program.
- Receive and count stock items using the LISA system (RF gun) received either from suppliers or from vendors
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy using the LISA system (RF gun)
- Pick orders using the LISA system (RF gun)
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves and warehouse floor
- Pack, seal, and label to prepare materials for shipping
- Complete machine modifications
- Unload inbound containers and mark stock items using barcodes
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with all departments while Interfacing with ops managers, warehouse supervisor and project managers to answer questions or solve problems
- Ensuring that productivity and processing time objectives are met
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other warehouse workers.
- Ensures proper maintenance of all equipment and the physical upkeep of the warehouse
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Familiarity with inventory control and cycle counting
- Day-to-day management of the TDI Warehouse
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Heavy lifting (50 lbs.)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Speaking- talking to others to convey information effectively
- Active listening-giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Reading comprehension-understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Coordination-adjusting action in relation to others’ actions
- Judgement and decision making-considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Salary: $16 per hour
Contract to hire
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.