Tax Administrative Assistant
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Purpose & Scope:
The Tax Administrative Assistant supports the Tax Department in the timely preparation and remittance of payroll tax returns, coupons, amended tax returns, and payments for our client base. The Tax Admin will assist with case management, data updates, tax payment and return printing, sorting, and packing, to ensure all federal, state, and local deadlines are met. The Tax Admin also supports client communication related to banking issues, specifically ACH return notification and assist with tracking of billing details. The Tax Admin functions within a cohesive team supporting each member with their individual duties when needed.
- Complete daily preparation, upload, and communication with clients and partners related to ACH banking returns.
- Prepare printed client payment coupons and quarterly tax payment packages and ensure timely distribution according to APS standards.
- Support data collection of new client information and ensure timely availability by auditing team.
- Track clients with Identification numbers in applied for status, communicate on a monthly basis and apply billing as needed.
- Track volume per client of ancillary services, such as additional split wrap production.
- Effectively and accurately update client tax rates and frequencies in appropriate database.
- Manage assigned Salesforce cases in a timely manner, addressing any concerns and maintaining effective communication with clients and partners.
- Support team with daily activities, including payroll processing, client and partner email communications, and production inquiries related to delivery concerns.
- Support receptionist and production department when needed for high volume or staff shortage situations.
- Build and improve upon current policies and procedures ensuring SSAE compliance.
- Interacts with APS staff and other internal departments, as applicable, to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethics, accountability, responsibility, initiative and teamwork at all times.
- Perform all assigned job duties in accordance with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The Tax Administrative Assistant position will work in the support of and under the direction of the Director of Tax Services and must be capable of performing in a responsible and efficient manner the techniques and tasks that are assigned.
- The Tax Admin must also be familiar with knowledge of PC applications, MS Office Suite, payroll and tax filing packages.
- Education: 2-year degree in accounting/finance or equivalent work experience in payroll, accounting or tax preferred.
- Certification: American Payroll Institute Certified Payroll professional (CPP) Preferred.
- Industry Experience: Previous experience with payroll products/processing, tax calculations, remittance and compliance preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Client and quality-focused with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with a focus on details.