Location: Milford, MA Department: Marketing
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 1st Shift
This administrative position is responsible for executing the purchase of Caterpillar equipment and work tools within our corporate AX system. The Purchasing Administrator will work closely with Inventory Managers, assisting with order entry, data maintenance and inventory management reporting. The ideal candidate must have advance excel skills and have the ability to maintain and utilize spreadsheets by using Pivot Tables, VLookups etc. This position’s primary focus is to fully understand all aspects of purchasing within the Sales Operations group and will report directly to the Corporate Sales Operations Manager.
- Collect and organize equipment invoices to ensure that purchase orders and equipment records are updated accordingly with relevant information.
- As equipment arrives from the factory, ensure that purchase orders are received in a timely manner so that equipment can be sold/rented, and so that our vendors are paid promptly.
- Order equipment by issuing purchase orders to allied vendors and Caterpillar authorized by the inventory manager.
- Assist the sales department with inquiries into equipment orders and order tracking, ship dates, delivery dates, etc.
- Assist the inventory manager with compiling reports and data collection that relate to inventory management.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Finance or related field required.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and able to quickly learn new technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), particularly Word and advanced Excel skills required (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Highly detail oriented and accurate with the ability to “think” about the data and know if something is off.
- Motivated, self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to function at a high level in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities; ability to manage a high-volume workflow
- Strong multi-tasking skills when working with highly detailed and complex information
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign similar duties.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.