We are seeking a Co-op Operations Engineer to support reliability testing, automated test equipment development, machining and production for mixed model scientific instrumentation. As a member of the team, you will help define, develop, evaluate and implement new solutions to manufacturing to increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve quality and enable customer value. Our equipment is developed around a broad set of technologies used within our products which include PCBA’s, electromechanical assemblies, flow measurement, optics, chemistry, pneumatics and others.
- Assist with improvement initiatives, automation activities, new product introduction, and the resolution of manufacturing issues.
- Assisting in evaluating, qualifying and implementing new products to support design, manufacturing and assembly challenges. This may include product reliability testing and/or equipment development for manufacturing.
- Aid in project development tasks such as writing and verifying test protocols, maintaining process documentation, testing and validating new processes, equipment, and product prototypes.
- Preparing results from experiments and report findings to the team.
- Build, trouble-shoot, configure and deploy tooling, fixtures, test equipment and automation systems.
- Support continuous improvement and optimization of the manufacturing processes to reduce costs, improve efficiency and improve first pass yields.
- Support assembly processes, bills of material, routings, labor standards and procedures for mixed model scientific instruments.
- Qualified individual should be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline. Qualified individual should in their second (Sophomore) year of a bachelor’s degree program or higher.
- Capable of working from and understanding, electrical and fluidic schematics as well as Mechanical Drawings
- Ability to collaborate effectively within and outside of team, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, suppliers, and customers.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.