Controls Engineer - 12 month Contract - 70+ hours per week with time and 1/2 for OT
We have a client in the Bloomington, IL area, looking to add 5 Controls Engineers to their CapEX team. Primary focus will be on integration and commissioning of new production lines. Experience in Automotive or Tier 1 facilities is highly desired.
- Working directly with equipment integrators under the supervision of controls engineers to bring equipment from power-on to start of production
- Configuration and imaging of automation and network hardware
- Implementation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and add-on-instructions (AOIs) in Rockwell Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Support of MES/equipment integration testing and validation
- Support of integration fault-recovery testing and validation
- Supporting debug and commissioning and carrying out changes based on debug/commissioning results
- Supporting equipment safety buyoffs and final vendor buyoffs
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of applied professional experience in Robotics / PLC.
- Previous experience in electrical process control, instrumentation, automation, industrial protocols / networking (switching & routing) and databases.
- Experience with Rockwell, Beckhoff, or ABB PLC's
- Experience with various Robots (Fanuc, Kuka, Kawasaki, etc)
- Experience in a Automotive manufacturing setting (OEM or Tier 1)
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.