Do you have experience as a Creo Designer and looking for a great new opportunity? A great power sports company is looking to add a Creo Designer to their team! This is a contract opportunity.
Within the Powertrain Engine design team, a layout designer prepares designs, layouts, assemblies and drawings according to engineering specifications using PTC Creo. The Layout designer is responsible for those designs and drawings from initial concepts all the way through to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CREO DESIGNER ARE:
- Majority of time will be dedicated to creating and releasing 3D models, complex engine assemblies and detailed 2D drawings within the CREO and Windchill environments.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates own work as well as communicates through regular updates, accountable for meeting schedule completion dates or for providing timely feedback when dates cannot be met
- Works directly with vendors to drive design for manufacturability
- Reviews engineering drawings and supporting documents to verify ASME Y14.5 GD&T practices and adherence to company and/or industry standard practices
- Generates design concepts with layouts indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions, confers with necessary staff to resolve details not completely defined.
- May participate in a Powertrain Engine design, development or testing peer group
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE OF THE CREO DESIGNER ARE:
- Two year degree in mechanical drafting and design technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 -5 years design/modeling experience
- Direct design experience with Engine components and systems; Powersports-related Engine and powertrains preferred
- Experience with high feature and complex aluminum castings, using die-casting, sand casting, permanent mold casting processes, forging, and machined components
- Extensive experience in complex assembly and component tolerance stacks
- Proven track record and extensive experience with PTC Creo 3D Modeling and Windchill Database Management
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction and capable of self-scheduling tasks within project timing
- Must show an aptitude for critical thinking
- Ability to communicate to several designers of varied skill levels
- Strong team player that has the ability to work cross functionally and communicate with system engineers and the project team to deliver engine programs.
- Strong ability to Multi-task and prioritize a large volume of tasks
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.