We have a long term contract opportunity for Electrical Designer with an engineering firm in. The ideal candidate will work under the direction of an Electrical engineer, developing system designs, and creating construction documents for Electrical projects using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical and Excel. Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques, discipline codes, and engineering terminology. Develops innovative solutions and is knowledgeable of construction processes. Possesses abstract thinking and ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
- Develops complete Electrical drawing designs using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical to create single power diagrams, schematics, interconnect diagrams, panel layouts and bill of materials
- Develops conduit and cable tray layouts, conduit and cable schedules, performs conduit and cable tray fill calculations, and generates cable and wire interconnection reports
- Creates drawings for Electrical enclosures, equipment, instruments, and installations details
- Creates and revises P&ID’s and Hazardous area classification drawings
- Plans, details, schedules work and final delivery of drawings
- Outlines, sets up, organizes, and maintains project drawings according to applicable standards
- Performs design coordination, drawings reviews, and create mark ups for drafters
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school;
- or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical