Are you looking for an Firmware Test Technician opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company needs a dynamic Firmware Test Technician to join a growing team. Their location is just north of the metro area.
Job Summary for the Firmware Test Technician:
In this role, you will be responsible for the testing of the embedded software running on the in-vehicle infotainment systems (IVI) for multiple Polaris vehicles. Your primary testing efforts will be early in the development cycle and involve focused testing for specific features and attributes as they are being developed. Your secondary responsibility is the development and execution of tests based on requirements; and the analysis of the test results later in the development cycle.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the Firmware Test Technician:
- Work with embedded IVI firmware engineers to plan and execute software test scripts as well as focused testing and ad hoc testing early in the development cycle.
- Balance the priorities of multiple vehicle validation schedules and projects simultaneously.
- Review and understand IVI software requirements and the desired functionality of the vehicle system.
- Design test cases and contribute to development test scripts for software validation.
- Setup, execute, and analyze the results of the software validation and report results to stakeholders.
- Characterize issues discovered during test and document them in the defect tracking system. Work with developers to provide additional information possible to assist in their root-cause analysis process.
- Assist in coordinating the IVI validation as required by external partners, suppliers, or test labs.
Additionally, you may:
- Develop additional software tools to support test automation.
- Develop test status reporting mechanisms to provide project quality visibility to find & fix rates, defect severity & impact and other project stakeholder KPIs in the area of software quality.
- At least 2 years of experience testing embedded software.
- Understanding of engine, powertrain, chassis, body, suspension or other vehicle control systems or embedded devices.
- Experience with automated test development and scripting for hardware in the loop test environments.
- Experience with embedded device communication protocols.
- Ability to occasionally troubleshoot test hardware and wire harnesses using scopes and multimeters following established troubleshooting procedures.
- Jira, Confluence, Test Rail, embedded device networking tools, Log files and test scripting from the Linux and Windows command line interfaces.
- Experience with Python programming and debugging is beneficial.
- Experience with real-time hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test system hardware and software
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.