Are you a seasoned inspector professional with experience in precision inspection? We are currently partnered with a company in the defense industry looking for a dynamic inspectors with experience with the inspection of complex precision mechanical parts. If you are interested and would like to learn more please apply! We look forward to working with you on your next career step!
Under minimal supervision, completely and consistently performs highly complex inspections of all types of mechanical parts, sub?assemblies, or assemblies involving very close tolerances. Determines method and sequences necessary to inspect purchased materials to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications. Inspects parts where standard checking devices are not available and special inspection tools and layouts are required. This is a temporary position, of approximately 6 months in duration.
Requires the ability to comprehend specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams, mil-specs, and purchase order and to apply a level of knowledge necessary to test and inspect normally acquired through post high school technical education. Also requires at least 4 years of working technical experience in an electronic test environment using a wide variety of test and inspection equipment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have necessary skills in geometry and trigonometry to calculate dimensions, angles and radii and thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be proficient in inspection techniques including use of inspection equipment such as sine bar, micro-height, comparators and leveling plates.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical and optical inspection.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of ESD precautions and requirements.
- Must have knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Utilize sampling plans and switching techniques outlined in MIL-STD-105.
- Should possess required computer skills.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with military and aerospace specifications and purchase orders and prints.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.