Sr. Quality Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Quality Engineer for a large automotive manufacturing company. The QE must have previous experience in an automotive environment.
- Conducts root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process/product-related concerns.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system using cross-functional teams.
- Interacts with Customers, Sales and Engineering on new product introduction (NPI) activities for new programs.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data. Works with Engineering to coordinate and prepare product/process validation submission packages; updates and maintains FMEAs, Process Flow diagrams and Process Control Plans.
- Works with Engineering and Operations to solve in-house quality concerns, reviews nonconforming product, recommends disposition.
- Conducts investigations on product/process nonconformities and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Supports the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conducts audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventative actions within ISO quality system.
- Analyzes failures and implements corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints.
- Creates and maintains company quality documentation, such as quality procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Develops process validation plans and protocols for qualifying new products/processes or product/process changes.
- May conduct supplier audits on an as-needed basis. Guides and mentors other associates for professional development.
- Preparation of various quality reports to support management and quality objectives This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/engineering field preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment (rubber components and/or medical manufacturing preferred).
- CQE or CQA preferred Six Sigma certification preferred Sound knowledge of GD&T, FMEA, DOE, GR&R activities
- Sound knowledge of ISO quality systems
- Strong working knowledge of Statistical Process control methods using intermediate and advanced statistics.
- Experience with MiniTab
- Must be able to read and interprets engineering drawings, schematics and specifications