Currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our organization. In this role, the individual will be responsible for supporting the inspection of both supplier material and complex machined parts manufactured within the Milford facility.? Specifically, the individual will be using a variety of bench and hand inspection tools along with manual and programmable Inspection equipment. This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Inspector to gain experience within a global quality organization.
This individual is responsible for supporting production within the Milford location. Responsibilities include sampling material for compliance to drawings and procedures, performing checks for verification by following inspection plans and using the appropriate measuring equipment, assisting operators on measuring equipment, communicating results to operators and Engineers, documenting results using Trackwise and other duties as they evolve. This position is hands-on in a fast-paced environment using a variety of measuring gauges and machines, while maintaining attention to detail and good inspection habits to ensure production quality
- Use measuring instruments, engineering drawings, procedures, workmanship standards, etc. to perform inspection of parts and assemblies.?
- Maintain inspection records and compile results of all inspections for internal feedback reporting system (SAP/Trackwise).
- Complete discrepancy reports for non-conforming material (SAP) as needed.
- Operate automated inspection equipment, specifically programmable vision systems and CMM
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience inspecting parts and product
- Proficient using various gauges such as micrometers and verniers, height, plug, bore, thread and ring, and other standard measuring devices.
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawings (Geometric Dimension and Tolerance - GD&T)
- Interpret, document and communicate results to appropriate departments and personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Experience using automated vision inspection, coordinate measuring machines (CMM),?profilometers, and other such measuring devices is a plus
Vocational trades school, high school diploma, or equivalent education required; Formal trades, apprenticeship preferred
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.