Are you looking for a Senior EV Controls Integration Engineer opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company needs a dynamic Senior EV Controls Integration Engineer to join a growing team. Their location is just north of the metro area.
The EV Systems Engineer will be responsible for modeling and integration of vehicle control systems using CAE tools. Develop analysis for overall vehicle EV system performance including the specific hardware/software requirements and interface definition. Work with the other controls systems owners and technical leads responsible for components to ensure their control/hardware designs meet the vehicle level requirements. Work with a high-performance team and will be responsible for directly affecting the quality, durability and performance of future hybrid, plugin and battery electric vehicles manufactured.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Early Integration; Lead integration of EV control logic from vehicle systems and between sub systems. Determine optimized design parameters through sensitivity studies.
- Attribute Engineering; Own and maintain the overall EV system to system interaction. Support technical reviews with suppliers. Represent and control interfaces in the system DFMEA and boundary diagrams. Assist functional groups with the creation of DVP&R's based off requirements.
- System Analysis; SIL, HIL systems integration analysis, test and validation. Make design recommendations and suggest countermeasures for optimizing control logic. Provide input for risk mitigation strategies and recommend design changes when needed.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Champion controls integration strategies amongst systems controls engineering teams. Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership.
- Standard Practice; Contribute to the development of technical specifications and design requirements. Work in a team based peer group environment to drive continuous improvement.
- Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific analysis processes and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Skills with 1-D system tools, GT-Power and or similar system level tools.
- Experience with MATLAB / Simulink module generation.
- Experience with Controller Networks (CAN).
- Preferred experience with SIL/MIL.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of EV Systems.
- Strong understanding of multi-disciplinary systems, Mechatronics experience preferred.
- Strong overall knowledge of the vehicle development process, including experimental correlation and product validation. Strong working knowledge of product safety and quality principles.
- Strong problem solving skills, adapting any and all tools for data based decision making.
- Strong, clear communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites. Communicate across global cross-functional design teams.
- 3-5 years’ system design experience, high/low voltage or electrified work experience preferred.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.