TOOLING ENGINEER - Florence, SC
This is a long term contract role, with the goal to hire a direct employee. The Tooling Engineer needs to have experience designing tooling and fixtures, ideally for stamping dies, as well as having experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Manages all engineering changes through tool shops
- Tooling and Fixture Design
- Applies knowledge of metal and assembly tooling to determine corrective action necessary to ensure components’ tooling are kept in good condition
- Provides engineering design concepts & CAD models
- Act as liaison between tool shop and manufacturing plant for tool maintenance activities
- AS or BS in Engineering discipline preferred
- 10+ years of experience in tool and die design; proficient in metal stamping tooling / fixture design
- Proficient with CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Experienced with Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Eligible after 3 months of employment
Please apply or send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org