A well-known manufacturing company just north of the northern Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs has an immediate opening on their team for a Casting Technician. This contract opportunity allows you to be part of a world-class team of individuals. If you have knowledge of high pressure die casting tool design and processes, this is the opportunity for you.
The Casting Technician role will be part of the Materials Engineering and Testing team. This is a Central Operations Team which services the needs of all business units of the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CASTING TECHNICIAN:
- Critically assess tool designs, simulations and sampling through the new product development process
- Assist in casting related continuous improvement activities
- Perform design for manufacturability assessments on new casting designs and prints
- Perform should costs estimations on new parts
- Analyze field problems and recommend possible solutions to resolve issues
- Perform failure analyses using all forms of microscopy and non-destructive testing techniques
- Write concise accurate reports outlining data-based conclusions
- Communicate information professionally, quickly, and clearly to audiences with varying technical backgrounds
REQUIREMENTS OF CASTING TECHNICIAN:
- High school diploma or technical degree
- 10+ years of casting and/or laboratory experience
- Practical die cast experience, preferably in quality, tool design or process roles
- Experience in fracture analysis and review of X-rays
- Experience in scanning electron microscopy is a bonus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Applicants shall have strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.