We are looking for an Electro-Mechanical Assembly Tech with plenty of growth and OT available! The position is located in Norwood, MA.
Under general supervision and in accordance with clients high Quality Standards, assembles load frames and consoles from engineering drawings and bills of material. Troubleshoots and tests frames to specifications.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembles load frames, consoles, and accessories from assembly drawings and bills of material. Uses hand tools such as torque wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, and pneumatic tools.
- Load tests and troubleshoots load frames to tight tolerances/specifications. Sets up console, runs a program, or load tests to a fixture; judges proper operation from data on recorder. Makes assembly adjustments accordingly.
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area.
- Assists test engineers in troubleshooting mechanical problems encountered during systems test to ensure system is working to capacity.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering personnel in releasing new series equipment and solving assembly and design problems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend assembly drawings and bill of material. Must be able to follow assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams, written and verbal instructions. This is normally acquired through attainment of a technical high school education.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and the ability to recognize and use tools normally utilized in the manufacture of heavy electromechanical equipment, i.e., overhead cranes, chains, straps, torque wrenches, indicators, etc. This is normally acquired in 2-3 years of electromechanical assembly experiences.
- Must have good working knowledge of hardware, basic measuring tools, along with the communication skills necessary to properly function in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. / packages labels (Minimum two person lift) will require two individual for lifting each item or a suitable portable lifting equipment.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.