Engineering Technician Sr
DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in Medical Device manufacturing, to identify a Senior Engineering Technician to join their growing team!
Responsibilities of the Sr Engineering Technician
- Performs complex tactical work requiring full competency in all conventional aspects of operation technology engineering including research and investigation oriented activities.
- Supports “lean manufacturing” including “5S” orderly work area initiatives.
- Supports new product development / transition into production efforts.
- Preforms first article inspection with various inspection methods: op set up techniques, CMM and / or automated vision.
- Collects troubleshooting data and supports analysis); prepares reports on findings and recommendations.
- Develops, writes, and maintains documents related to manufacturing Work Instructions and procedures.
- Write test protocols, including forms to collect data, and reports summarizing testing.
- Generates sketches of equipment for drafting of equipment drawings (schematic part drawings).
- Use of instrumentation, equipment and software for data acquisition. Analyze the data and generate conclusions / reports from data
Qualifications of the Sr Engineering Technician:
- Two year degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electro-Mechanical discipline or related technical field AND 10+ years pf progressive experience as an engineering technician including 3 years medical device experience specifically with electro-mechanical products OR High-School diploma or equivalent and 14+ years of progressive experience as an engineering technician with 5 years medical device experience on assembly of electro-mechanical products also meets minimum requirements.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical theory practice is required.
- Knowledge of hydraulics is preferred.
- Troubleshooting skills to diagnose problems with manufacturing and test equipment.
- Basic technical drawing / drafting skill.
- Possesses and applies technical expertise of principles, practices and procedures in mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, and software technology, as well as competency in related specialty areas within department, such as injection molding, and mold tooling.
- Depth of knowledge of SOPs, GMP/ISO 9000, UL, IEC60601, etc., principles and practices in a medical device manufacturing environment; proven skill in integrating into manufacturing engineering discipline
- Possesses and applies a solid knowledge of dimensional measurements principles, practices, and procedures in order to complete assignments of moderate to high difficulty with minimal supervision from the supervising engineer.
- Extensive understanding of Satirical Process Control (SPC), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD & T), and Process Capability Studies (Cpk).
- Technical expertise of principles, practices and procedures in mechanical technology, as well as competency in related specialty areas within department. Develop test methods and conduct PDTs, DVTs, etc. in a manufacturing and /or R & D environment.
- Proven experience in the inspection / FAI of complex metal and plastic components using CMM and open set-up techniques.