Great opportunity for a Traffic Coordinator to join one of the top medical device companies in the Memphis area. Get in on the ground floor of this great team/department with this long-term contract position.
- Enter and verify various data regarding customer orders, invoicing, shipments, receipts, and inventory in a timely manner.
- Carrier selection, routing, and scheduling of international and domestic shipments for all modes of transportation to maximize efficiencies and minimize costs.
- Consolidation of multiple orders into single shipments to reduce the number of shipments and the freight spend.
- Conduct daily review of all shipments to ensure receipt of all necessary paperwork and confirm necessary computer work is complete.
- Confer with production, sales, shipping, customer service, warehouse, and carrier personnel when necessary, to expedite or trace missing or delayed inbound and outbound shipments and assist with resolution.
- Coordinate pickups and deliveries with carrier and sterilizer if required.
- Maintain documents by following document retention procedures.
- Monitor open orders to ensure inventory allocation and on-time shipping.
- Revise inventory in special situations to allocate orders upon request.
- Calculate freight rates based on appropriate tariffs, FAK, discounts and fuel surcharges.
- Monitor and operate the driver entrances in shipping and receiving, ensuring that only authorized personnel are gaining entrance to the facility.
- Assist with, and possess the ability to manage truckload shipment allocation, carrier assignments, loading schedules, equipment, and delivery appointments.
- Maintain and schedule receiving delivery appointments to ensure timely receipts of inbound products.
- Ability to utilize the allocated, but not shipped report, to ensure that shipments are not delayed and are flowing through the system smoothly.
- Two-year college degree and a minimum of two years of transportation experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Working hours - Monday- Friday; 12 pm to 8:30 pm
Salary - $18/ hour
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.