A fast-growing biomedical company has an immediate opening on their team for a contract Buyer. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
The Buyer position is a key role within the Procurement team requiring an enthusiastic self-starter with drive to learn and improve existing processes where needed. This position will focus on supplier on-time delivery, supplier management, inventory management and analysis, and cost reduction.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Properly execute the Requisition-to-Purchase Order and Planned Purchased Order Processes with a high level of focus on customer service for products and services within the Indirect Material and Packaging categories. Monitor and manage supplier on-time delivery, with ability to problem-solve and countermeasure effectively.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels to achieve effective Working Capital Turn rate while improving customer service levels.
- Develop, negotiate, and coordinate Purchase Agreements and Long-Term Supplier Contracts.
- Maintain Purchase Order status and tracking information while communicating to all internal stakeholders in a professional and timely manner.
- Work cooperatively with other department representatives and vendors to resolve product discrepancies with regards to quality, quantity, delivery, and price.
- Ensure supplier selection, qualification, evaluation and monitoring process is maintained per SOP.
- Responsible for maintaining strong supplier relationship to ensure quality standards and target pricing is consistently achieved.
- Continually improve time management, problem solving, critical thinking, and follow up skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office products to develop spreadsheets and create general reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Buyer:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or equivalent work experience preferred. Demonstrably versed in MRP, Bills of Material, Customer Sales Support in a fast-paced manufacturing, multiple divisional environment.
- Experience in purchasing MRO, General Labware, Packaging/Labeling, and other Indirect categories preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Buyer preferred.
- Detailed, accurate, analytical, and metric-driven.
- Oracle ERP software experience preferred.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.