You’ll handle events from start to finish liaising with Sales, contractors, venues, caterers, etc. Must be capable of providing outstanding customer service as well as organize memorable events that meet quality expectations. Our ideal candidate has successfully worked on events of all sizes, and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in accomplishing their duties.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits and budget constraints
- Liaise with Sales to identify their needs and to ensure their satisfaction.
- Proactively identify potential challenges around event requests and provide solutions
- Provide continuous feedback/updates to Sales throughout event planning process
- Conduct market research, source venues and vendors, gather information and review, negotiate and execute contracts
- Provide feedback and periodic reports and budget proposals to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Manage all event’s details such as catering, audiovisual requirements, vendors, timing, entertainment, event tickets, lodging, transportation, location, parking, special guests, equipment, activities, decor, promotional material, etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations, liaise with internal legal and insurance departments when necessary
- Ensure compliance with event contract obligations financial and otherwise
- Communicate with Accounts Payable team and Sales team on event payment requests and post event expense reconciliation
- Specify Sales/staff requirements and coordinate their activities, provide Sales/staff with final details and day-of event logistics for each event
- Compose clear and concise emails outlining event details and logistics for event attendees as needed
- Cooperate with marketing to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest from Sales team
- Collaborate with other internal teams on special events as assigned
- Serve as a resource/partner for all Sales reps providing information and guidance around seminar and event processes
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Excellent time management, problem-solving and communication skills
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and handle last-minute changes
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects independently
- MS Office, Adobe Acrobat proficiency
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- 2 years ‘experience with event planning
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.