We are seeking a contract Learning Experience Designer to create internal learning materials for our Leadership & Organization Development team. You will create instructional materials such as job aids, power point presentations, self-paced courses, and Instructor-led courses. You have a passion for helping learners in their self and leadership development through the curriculum and materials that you create and design. The position requirements include a strong knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional systems design as well as experience in using a variety of online learning development tools and LMS. The candidate must be technologically savvy and be an early adopter when it comes to learning new software packages and tools, a “platform guru” of sorts. The candidate must also have a strong business acumen and is able to make connections between measuring effectiveness of the learning materials he/she/they creates and how the learning results, i.e., the data and analytics, impacts the business as a whole. Having the ability to write editorial copy is a plus.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Create and update instructional materials such as Instructor-led courses, self-paced courses, videos, user guides, job aids, audio and video scripts, storyboards, assessments, etc. that transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction or performance support content
- Identify learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver content, including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify learning gaps and content requirements, realizing their impact to the business along the way.
- Work collaboratively with a high-performing team of OD Consultants, HRBP professionals, designers, learning specialists, instructors, project managers, and SME’s to formulate qualified solutions
- Interact regularly, consistently evaluate and problem solve around technological platforms and software.
- Technology and platform savvy. Proven knowledge of learning new platforms and how to optimize.
- Proven ability to not only create great materials, but have the ability to understand the bigger picture and how your work relates and impacts business goals.
- Proven ability to design and develop blended and technology-enabled learning solutions, including web-based, instructor-led, virtual, on-the job, and self-paced learning resources
- Experience using learning development tools such as Articulate 360, Camtasia, Storyline, structured writing, and content management systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with quick turnaround on deadlines
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication – must be comfortable working directly with SMEs
- Capable of working on multiple projects while maintaining close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project and time management skills, possessing the ability to anticipate needs and deliver over and above the expected
- Ability to identify issues, challenges, and gaps associated with content, training programs and materials, and to propose potential solutions. Must have a strong ability to synthesize and draw connections between theoretical and practical information
Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training
- Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Educational Design, Technical Writing, writing-related discipline, or equivalent
- Proven track record of at least 3 years’ experience in designing and developing classroom training materials, technical content, and/or self-paced courses for software applications
- Experience utilizing multi-media to design & develop e-learning materials
- Understanding of the business/how to meet business needs through your design and curriculum
- Tech and platform savvy. Proven knowledge of learning new platforms and how to optimize.
- Experience with LMS management and how to maximize their efficiencies to benefit the team’s process and approach
- Knowledge of data and analytics and the impact they have in reporting of program performance, how analytics tells the story of the success of a program
- Ability to write, a plus!
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.