Parts Counter Sales Representatives are responsible for front-line customer service in a variety of parts ordering functions. Responsibilities include assisting customers, taking parts orders, researching technical data for the correct part or parts and data entry.
- First Shift Monday-Friday, 8-5pm with occasional Saturday morning hours. (1-2 per month, 8-12pm)
- Monitor and close open sales orders and purchase orders along with other administrative needs.
- Assisting customers after hours when on-call.
- Greet all customers and answer phones in a polite and timely fashion.
- Utilize formatted phone script when answering calls.
- Process customer and shop orders, backorders, credits and quotes.
- Look up parts via supplied computer programs for CAT and other brands we service.
- Handle cash and credit payments and returns per procedures.
- Resolve customer issues or concerns as necessary.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
- Able and willing to perform warehouse duties as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Advanced PC skills with the ability to learn and teach others.
- Energy and stamina to work extended hours and weekends, as well as work overtime as needed.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able/willing to learn to operate material handling equipment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution center environment.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Past experience in automotive industry a plus.
- Basic mechanical ability a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.