Long Term Contract
Our client is seeking a QC Scientist to join our mission rooted in the fundamental human and animal need for safe and abundant food. The necessity to routinely monitor the occurrence of naturally occurring toxins in agricultural products inspired our commitment to the research, development, and distribution of rapid diagnostic solutions for food safety.
By joining our dynamic production and QC team you'll play a pivotal role in providing these next generation solutions and to the reduction of foodborne illness due to natural toxins.
The ideal candidate will combine demonstrated wet lab skills with a strong desire to learn. This role will primarily be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of QC results of both lateral devices product line and immunoaffinity column line. Strong preference will be given to candidates who possess prior HPLC or LC-MS experience.
The QC Scientist will work as a member of a cross-functional team, assisting with Research and Development tasks and troubleshooting customer issues as necessary. The candidate also has the potential to participate in reagent preparation and assist in the in-house production of lateral flow devices. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated team and follow immunoassay products from concept to customer.
- Use accurate pipetting techniques to generate dose-response calibration curves for lateral flow immunoassays
- Perform routine QC analysis of immunoaffinity columns and interpret results from HPLC/UPLC
- Communicate results and issues to the team and assist in preventative or corrective actions in generating and drafting new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as reviewing new drafts from the team
- Interface with Research & Development, Technical Service, and Sales teams to meet timely goals and ensure customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree in the Life Sciences with 2 years experience or Associate’s Degree with 5 years experience
- Immunoassay, lateral flow, and/or HPLC/LC-MS experience is highly favorable
- Attention to detail and the ability to read and interpret SOPs
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.