Inventory Control Clerk 1
Inventory Control Clerk I
- The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate the ordering, stocking, and shipping of customer spare parts.
- This position is also responsible for cycling count parts, replenishing stock of parts, and working with Customer Service for any issues with orders.
- Packages and ships spare parts orders. Coordinates the stocking and ordering of spare parts.
- Helps customer service regarding spare parts and orders. This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Planning and Decision Making: Work is performed in accordance with written Quality Systems and department procedures, FDA regulations, and ISO 9001 standards.
- Works with Customer Service to determine the priority of shipments. Makes sure that priority orders ship out right away.
- Runs backorder reports and checks component availability.
- Informs Production Department if inventory of sub-assemblies are getting low.
- Performs cycle counting. Informs customer service when parts will be available for shipment.
- This position impacts departmental operations through involvement in quality and efficiency improvement efforts.
- This position impacts department operations and efficiency. Inaccurate entry in to the Oracle Inventory Management System may result in the inability to meet internal and external customer demand due to inventory shortages.
- Key Internal and External Relationships: Works closely with Purchasing, Customer Service, Production, and Service and Repair personnel.
- Secondary Education (High School) required. Secondary Education (High School) required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. 1+ year experience in an inventory control environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of all serviceable products Smiths Medical supports.
- Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
- Ability to identify discrepancies with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use Microsoft software systems such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Internet Explorer. Ability to use ERP systems such as Oracle.
- Ability to use shipping software systems such as Clear Orbit and Clipper Ship.
- Ability to use warehouse equipment such as a pallet jack, Walkie Stacker, and Wave lift.
- Must be able to read and understand shipping and receiving procedures, and instruments related to shipping such including postal meters, scales, etc.