Shipper & Receiver
$15 to $16 hourly
Temp to Hire
Come work for an amazing company !!
-- Shipping / Receiving Clerk. Absolutely needs to be proficient on a computer! Shipping needs to be able to do heavy lifting, crating, etc. Possible graduating Senior from High Schools in the area?
- Unpack incoming items, check goods received against purchase orders or invoices and maintain records of received goods rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary
- Prepare and maintain records of merchandise shipped; Post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment
- Count and pack various sized products in boxes, cartons or other containers; Check material against packing lists for inclusion of all component parts
- May assemble boxes and cartons and prepare special or non-standard packs
- Follow specific instructions for correct carton, wrapping and arrangement of parts and use of dunnage
- Apply correct label, stamp and/or other identification as directed and secure package with specified closure
- May assist in training entry-level employees
- May operate forklift
- Process inputs for receipts and shipments in ERP system
- Maintain dock security
- All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
- High School Diploma or GED; 2+ years of shipping or receiving experience in materials/warehouse
- Must have strong component ID ability and be able to follow the AVL within our system
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multi-tasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Participate in a continuous improvement activity
- See job analysis forms for specific physical stressors of the job
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.