New medical device company in St. Louis Park has an immediate opening on their team for a direct hire Senior Accountant. Fantastic opportunity to surround yourself with leaders from some of the top multi-national medical device companies and make a significant contribution to the organization. Great benefits and growth opportunities available.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the full spectrum of finance activities including monthly closing, statutory audit and reporting as well as corporate and withholding tax matters. You will play a key finance business partnering role with both internal and external stakeholders in all record management, budgeting exercises and supporting key business and finance decisions. The right candidate is someone who is resourceful, with a strong analytical mindset who thrives on complex problem solving, comfortable with ambiguity, and has good communication skills.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Responsible for a full set of accounts and preparing balance sheet schedules
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of accounting entries into accounting system. Posting of month-end closing journal entries.
- Perform month-end, quarterly-end, year-end closing in line with group reporting timeline
- Perform and prepare monthly account reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Ensure invoices, contracts and payroll/ staffs’ reimbursements are reviewed and paid accurately in accordance to policy
- Assist with statutory reporting and tax planning. Coordinate local statutory audit and annual tax returns with external auditor and external tax advisor
- Support budgeting and forecast exercise
- Prepare and timely submission of monthly financial and management reporting with key variances of actual vs budget explained and supported
- R&D Project Expense Tracking
- Budget upload/maintenance in internal budgeting tool
- Banking managements and daily cash/check managements including daily operations payments, Capital injection and Business Development deal payments.
- Maintain good documentation, record keeping and filing system
- Assist in establishing internal control procedures to improve process efficiency.
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders for reports, bankers, external auditors, tax advisors, company secretary, and other statutory bodies to ensure compliance.
- Support office management and administrations activities
Education and Experience of the Senior Accountant:
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent required. Qualified CPA is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in handling a full set of accounts in healthcare industry is required.
- Experience in R&D accounting is desirable.
Required Skills/Abilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Proficient in MS Excel and knowledge in using any ERP/Accounting system
- Analytical and Resourceful
- Meticulous with an eye for a detail.
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.