Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
The DAVIS Companies is looking to hire a driven, meticulous Staff Accountant to join their Finance team in Marlborough, MA.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for day to day activities of the Accounts Payable department, including vendor relations, check requests, invoice processing, maintaining the general ledger and internal financial reporting. In addition to maintaining positive and productive relationships with all internal staff, and vendors.
The DAVIS Companies exists to help our employees become the best version of themselves every day in constant pursuit of their goals and dreams. At DAVIS, we take pride in our relationships both internally with our Employees, and externally with our candidates and clients to provide the best opportunities through our commitments while acting with integrity.
STAFFING ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
You may be required to perform all or a combination of the following Essential functions as determined by business necessity:
- Prepare analysis on various expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare journal entries to be entered into the general ledger.
- Prepare miscellaneous analysis i.e.: cost analysis by customer, vendor, commissions
- Prepare analysis for outside auditors
- Research problems and resolve various accounting and tax issues.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and year to date financial statements.
- Monthly review of financial statements with division managers.
- Review all invoices to be paid for purchase orders, invoices are calculated correctly, proper authorization and approvals, assigns proper account number
- Responsible for the processing weekly of disbursements accurately and on a timely basis. Sets payment dates for each vendor.
- Make appropriate accruals and journal entries.
- Handle vendor inquiries
- Verifies work for accuracy to ensure quality of input.
- Diligently pursues a broad and deep understanding of all aspects of your division, your core competencies /skill sets, and our company as a whole.
- Takes overall responsibility for personal growth, goal achievement and effectiveness in this position.
STAFFING ACCOUNTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2-4 years business Experience
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Access and Word
- Familiarity with Great Plains / Dynamics preferred
- Power BI or Canvas Reporting a plus