Are you looking for an opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company in the Manufacturing industry needs a dynamic Human Resource Generalist to join a growing team in Memphis, TN. This direct hire position offers growth and a great benefit program
Human Resources Generalist
- Participates in developing organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs new hire orientations and updates records of new staff.
- Manages the organization’s HRIS database and prepares reports.
- Verifies the accuracy of payroll information and ensures timely bi-weekly and monthly commission payroll processing.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, etc.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring process of qualified job applicants for open positions, conducts verifications and issues offer letters, when applicable.
- Researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Responsible for worker’s compensation and OSHA reporting.
- Responsible for EEOC claims and reporting.
- Responsible for unemployment claims and reporting.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Recommends strategies to motivate employees
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, employee recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or Human Resources is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Excellent organization and project management skills; strong attention to detail and quality output
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Paylocity Payroll system is a plus
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.