Are you looking for an opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company in the Medical Device industry needs a dynamic Medical Authorization Specialist to join a growing team in Memphis, TN. This direct hire position offers growth and a great benefit program.
Medical Authorization Specialist
- Support the reimbursement strategy by aggressively pursuing authorization and reimbursement while establishing a resource of expertise to the payers.
- Utilize payer-specific approved criteria to determine medical necessity or the clinical appropriateness for the company's products
- Submits pertinent demographic and supporting clinical documentation with pre-authorization request timely to avid unnecessary delays in patient treatment
- Maintains and documents complete, timely, and accurate patient billing information
- Performs on-going check and balance system to ensure the integrity of the patient billing data
- Operates compliantly at all times by keeping patient data secure and confidential and adhering to all company polices
- Works with the Order Management team to secure an additional information and medical documentation form the patient and /or prescribing HCP
- Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies
- Completes all required training in a satisfactory and timely manner
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- 2 years minimum medical authorization experience involving medical record review
- Medical terminology and ICD-10 coding
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Be able to manage detailed information, maintain a high level of organization, display strong proficiency in multi-tasking effectively manage time and priorities
- PC experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- SAP knowledge
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.