We are partnering with a large manufacturing operation in Athens, GA who is looking to add a Controls Engineer to join their team. The Controls Engineer provides engineering support to a production area (continuous and batch operation). Duties include day to-day troubleshooting as well as project design and implementation. This role is very hands-on, encompassing the full scope of change: identification of the need, aid in design and specification of instrumentation/equipment, coordination of vendors and contractors as needed, help with check-out and start-up, implementation of interlocks and control loops, and follow-up support.
- Seek opportunities for process improvement that result in: Higher yields, Less waste, Decrease in transition times, Better quality, Better process consistency, Improved efficiency
- Automate critical procedures
- Design and develop new control strategies
- Test, maintain, and modify existing systems and process needs to adapt to product mix
- Aid in designing and implementing new or replacement instruments and equipment
- Assist Plant and Process Engineers with the controls portion of capital projects
- Aid in preparation and interpretation of controls-related schematics, drawings, and layouts
- Serve as on-site resource for systems engineering (e.g., assist with AGV systems implementation; work with IT to improve internal scheduling system, SharePoint, and database connectivity in general).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 3+ years of experience in manufacturing industry
- Experience with continuous and/or batch processes
- Knowledge of general control disciplines; plant systems listed: Advanced process control (APC), Distributed control systems (DCS), Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Capable of designing control loops, alarms, alerts, interlocks, system reports
- Experience with creation or review of loop sheets, instrument configuration, installation, wiring, and Control Systems Programming
- SQL Database management
- Experience with automatic sequencing definition and programming