Immediate direct hire opening for a Controls Technician in the Waynesboro, PA area.
Responsible for the installation, testing, analyzing, maintaining, repairing and training at primarily one customer site. This person will need to have a strong control system background as well as being comfortable out a customer site and representing the company to the customer directly.
- Interact, support and assist the Product, Project and Sales departments with order review, design reviews, assembly, testing and final acceptance tests to become proficient with the control packages interface and integration.
- Maintain proficiency in control software (e.g. Allen Bradley, various controls platforms) and machinery equipped with PLC’s through vendor training and interaction with engineering personnel
- Maintain necessary machine configuration documentation during installation.
- Assist the Parts and Modernization departments with quoting electronic controls software and hardware upgrades and / or electrical component upgrades.
- Provide updates and modifications to machine control software at customer sites and training customers on use and maintenance of equipment.
- Train customers, internal technical personnel and sales support staff on proper operation, maintenance and safety rules of packaging equipment, specifically on electronic controls and robotics.
- Support all aspects of operating controls systems, equipment and machinery.
- 75% Travel - Regional and Local Travel mostly; Most often home on weekends.
- AS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics etc... Ideally, an Electrical Engineering background
- Or, have 2+ years of vocational training
- 5+ years in the Automation - Trouble-shooting, modifying, debugging PLC's, control system upgrades, repair / maintenance of capital equipment or electronics such as servo drives, HMI’s and programmable controllers, etc...