The Designer I translate the ideas, rough sketches, and specifications from the customer/sales personnel and engineering team into general production and installation prints and bills of material which are used in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of company products.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the nature and complexity of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use CAD software to design and create concept, assembly, and detail drawings which illustrate the product design
- Create accurate bills of materials
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed
- Apply industry standards in the performance of daily functions and provide quality control checks on all assembly drawings, detail drawings, and bills of material
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures while relying on established guidelines to perform daily functions
- Work under supervision while interfacing with engineers and other designers in a team environment.
- Work with guidance from engineers and project managers in developing layouts.
- Every employee is expected to support the GFS Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Duties specific to Mechanical Design:
- Create general manufacturing details, such as blank views and beam details, which call out quantities, sizes, and dimensions of materials used in the fabrication process
- Create packing lists for the shipping department to be able to ship all components for each job
Duties specific to Electrical Design:
- Program and configure software for electrical equipment, including programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and human-machine interfaces (HMIs)
- Prepare layout drawing of panel assemblies and apply critical dimensions to create new or modify existing designs.
- Troubleshoot and test electrical control panels, onsite and in the field, prior to shipping to customer jobsite
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE, SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
- Associates degree with 0-2 years of experience in mechanical and/or electrical design; or equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERRED TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
List of skills that are beyond the minimum requirements which would assist in selecting top candidate. Utilize Career Path for information.
- Experience with Inventor is preferred as well as AutoCAD or
- Prior experience with both 2D and 3D designs
- Electrical: Experience with electrical design software preferred; AutoCAD Electrical, EPLAN
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.