Motivated Controls Specialist needed for a growing and dynamic team within a well established company in the food and beverage industry. Second shift position available on a direct basis, with very competitive pay, great benefits, and differential! This position requires experience with automated equipment and the ability to edit ladder logic. Engineers and high level Technicians can be considered for this role, it is interviewing quickly. If this sounds like the next great step in your career, apply with your resume today!
The Electrical Controls Specialist / E&I Tech maintains and troubleshoots production equipment from various suppliers. This position identifies and prioritizes controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance within a facility. Position develops and maintains electrical and controls system documentation.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Execute projects involving PLC 5, SLC 500, Controls Logix, Panel View Plus, various VFDs, and iFix
- Provide the proper training in Controls and Electricity to the Maintenance Technicians for the purpose of minimizing production downtime
- Configure and maintain industrial networks such as Ethernet, DeviceNet, and Remote I/O.
- Develop routines and SOPs to properly maintain the controls assets.
- Identify and prioritize controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance within a facility. – Help the Controls Engineering Group with the installation of the Line Information System (LIS).
- Develop and maintain electrical and controls system documentation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot production equipment from various suppliers.
- Administer control software to achieve the balance between mechanical and controls changes to effectively handle all containers.
- Maintain Allen Bradley hardware and software: PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Networks, Licenses, Technical Support, and various electrical systems.
- Be part of the team that supervises the electrical installation /integration of equipment and controls.
- Follow the established Controls and Electrical Specifications.
- Work well in cooperation with others to achieve measurable results in time allocated or less.
- Be able to develop creative solutions to challenging problems and be receptive to new ideas.
- Identify the most critical work that needs to be done.
- Coordinate and organize resources and people in effective ways to accomplish short, medium and long terms goals.
- Stay abreast of the emerging technologies, innovate, develop and document electrical and controls
- Maintain process documentation ( P+ID, Ladder, CAD drawings)
- Familiar with CMMS software (SAP)
- Possess an understanding of calibration procedures for process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow, level and composition, along with an understanding of process controls and troubleshooting.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, Electrical certification, and/or vocational certification
- 3 – 5 years of controls working experience in industrial environments.
- Proficiency in Allen Bradley PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and Networks (DeviceNet, Remote IO, Data Highway Plus, and Ethernet).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in PNP and NPN sensors.
- Strong knowledge of Rockwell Software
- Strong knowledge on Servo motors.
- Potential travel less than 20% of the time.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.