A well-established manufacturing company in Minneapolis has an immediate opening on their team for a direct hire Electrical Engineer. The individual in this role will define and develop product used in fluid handling systems.
Open to hiring at the Intermediate, Project or Senior engineering levels.
Essential Duties of the Electrical Engineer
- Perform software engineering tasks in the development of new products and cost reduction.
- Participate in development of Product Specification
- Produce conceptual designs
- Guide development process to produce practical designs
- Create software code to support embedded hardware designs
- Identify applicable standards
- Provide analysis of design to applicable standards
- Provide analysis of design using engineering analysis tools and techniques (e.g., Circuit simulation, software analysis tools)
- Review instruction manuals and product literature
- Define and lead prototype development and lab and field tests
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work with manufacturing on process development
- Conduct design reviews, safety reviews, etc.
- Lead small new product development projects as required.
- Complete project feasibility and Pre-Prod authorizations
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Manage project to meet schedules, including:
- Working with other team members to ensure satisfactory completion of all steps in development process;
- Identification and communication of threats to schedule to appropriate management
- Participate in release-for-sale activities
- Provide periodic oral and written reports of project status
- Participate in identification of new product opportunities by:
- Recognizing customer product needs
- Proposing and developing proper technology to fulfill customer needs
- Direct and perform standard product support activities such as:
- Analyzing and writing Engineering Change Orders for products
- Troubleshooting product problems in manufacturing, lab, or customer sites
- Initiating corrective action activities
- Learn, participate in development, and apply knowledge of:
- Developments in technical field by staying abreast of developments to maintain technical knowledge.
- Company product line
- Operational systems
- Company and industry design standards
- Company Quality Management System
- Company customer applications and requirements
- Emerging trends in our customers' markets
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer:
- BS degree in electrical, computer or software engineering or computer science from an accredited institution or equivalent as approved by divisional engineering management group
- Minimum of 3 years experience in new product development with demonstrated ability to independently produce innovative and successful designs as part of large projects or for entire small projects
- Proficiency in C/C++. Experience with Python, Linux, and object-oriented are desirable.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.