Embedded Software Engineer
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer in the Tampa, FL area. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the building, maintenance, and support of software solutions within the Petroleum industry. This person will have the commitment to delivering a quality solution on time and to agreed customer standards.
- Product maintenance
- Respond to product issues to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Update regression / unit test suite
- Ensure relevant documentation is up to date.
- Input and update all issues using our JIRA tracking system.
- Application Software development and documentation
- Contribute to requirement gathering, specification creation and design as required.
- Contribute to project planning by providing input on estimates and detailing dependencies.
- Complete the application development of new functionality and modifications to existing functionality on/with embedded devices according to project requirements and plan.
- Develop solutions with minimum defects.
- Ensure timelines are met in implementations.
- Ensure all functionality delivered with regression / unit tests.
- Complete software documentation, ensuring it is in accordance with good coding practices.
- Ensure product documentation is updated and submitted.
- Ensure customer specific application solutions are in line with the customer and company requirements.
- Test plan development
- Create developer test plans for use in regression suite.
- Test plan contains complete coverage of functionality and features delivered.
- Ensure suitability for integration into regression suite.
- Development process and continuous improvement
- Follow agile development methodology.
- Actively use and advocate our procedures and processes.
- 3 years embedded software development experience within a constrained environment.
- An understanding of electronics; interpreting electronic schematics.
- Embedded Linux x86 / ARM
- Understand fundamentals of digital design and communication protocols such as asynchronous, serial, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, SPI, I2C
- Ability to use general electronic lab equipment; oscilloscope, protocol analyser, logic analyser
- Proficient in C / C++ and Assembler languages
- Experience using embedded tools; compilers, debuggers, JTAG, protocol analysers, RTOS or OSes.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GIT,CVS / Subversion)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.