Lead System Design Engineer:
In this position you will play a vital role in driving the company’s strategic design vision to reality. Reporting directly to the head of product development, you will lead the technical development efforts of our home networking products from concept through product introduction and field support.
- Collaborate with internal and external design resources to develop and bring new products to market
- Maintain key relationships with ODMs, chip vendors, and certification labs
- Maintain key relationships with MSOs
- Review and approval of design outputs and transfer to manufacturing activities
- Work closely with SW leads on specification of embedded SW and user interface
- Work closely with test lead to ensure product requirements are met and products are high quality
- Identify technical risks and improvement opportunities
- Proactive management of all details of product development from concept through launch
- Subject matter expert for technology roadmaps related to home networking product families
- Ensure compliance of domestic and international regulations.
- Develop cross-functional design specification related to home networking technologies across multiple product categories
To succeed in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- BS in electrical engineering, RF engineering, system engineering, or work equivalent
- 8+ years experience with product development that includes electrical and RF functionality
- Experience and demonstrated success in leading team product development efforts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Proactive, high energy approach to working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience with DOCSIS designs, standards, and MSO Relationships.
Ideal candidates will have experience with:
- User-focused consumer product development
- Wi-Fi,, and/or cellular hardware designs
- Broadcom, Qualcomm, Intel, Quectel, and/or other RF components
- Certification requirements for DOCSIS and RF technologies
- Global electrical and telecom regulations
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.