Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Manufacturing Design Engineer
Title:Manufacturing Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
General Overview: We are seeking an experience Manufacturing Design Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. The Manufacturing Design Engineer will have extensive knowledge in manufacturing production processes, specifically creating and monitoring automated systems and technology development. Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and organization are key skills. The Manufacturing Design Engineer will work on a cross functional team to improve yields on existing products, drive lower cost processes and meet established launch metrics on new products. This position will provide timely communication of project reporting, schedules, status, issues and potential misses or exceptions on a regularly scheduled basis.
· Design, develop and oversee the fabrication of required tooling and dies to facilitate efficient part manufacture and also create drawings of existing machines.
· Coordinate with the Maintenance, Production and Engineering departments to ensure needed modifications occur in a timely manner with minimal negative impact on productivity and to develop mean time between failure and predictive maintenance schedules.
· Follow jobs through all phases of production, from programming to final assembly.
· Create multi-axis CNC programs using multiple software platforms for production of tooling’s
molds, dies or other relative customer requests.
· Work with an automation and continuous improvement mindset and work with senior management to identify industry best practices for manufacturing equipment.
· Work closely with Machinists on set ups, communicating effectively with them regarding troubleshooting and suggestions for improvements.
· Maintains continuity among teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
· Plan, design and execute equipment rebuilds.
· Select equipment based on critical business needs; including cost of capital, expected product volumes, and production flexibility.
· Work with manufacturing line supervision to develop robust protocols for tool and die inspection and replacement.
· Prepare and organize project documentation (manuals, PM’s, spare parts, correspondence,
drawings, drawing lists, material listings, etc.)
· Will lead successful execution of projects measured by on-time delivery, within budget and meeting performance goals and developing and proving process performance measures and success after start-up of new equipment and / or process lines.
· Train and guide plant personnel to perform local project execution, tracking and management tasks in support of projects or as applicable in accordance with
established LG project protocol, procedures, requirements and specifications.
· Maintain technical knowledge of LG process systems, equipment, construction methods, approaches and technology.
· Develop and implement work process improvements to streamline or improve effectiveness and efficiency results of practices and processes.
· Develop specifications; participate in purchasing processes to negotiate successful contracts or equipment purchases to conform to budget and specification requirements.
· Create a “zero injury” work environment by planning safety into all project and post-completion phases. Provide training and ensure compliance to safety practices by all involved in all phases of the projects.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Engineering or Technical degree. Masters of Business Administration is preferred, but not required.
· Minimum 6 years Engineering experience is required.
· Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean principles and solid problem-solving skills are required.
· Solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals is essential to success in this role.
· Experience in equipment specification, selection, installation and handover is required.
· Experience in metal forming industries is highly preferred.
· Ability to work in cross functional teams and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization is critical.
Software Experience Desired:
Solidworks, Mastercam, AutocCad, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Project.
- CAD Designer in Newmarkt
- Product Engineer in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machinist in Lawrence MA
- Certification Review in Lawrenceville GA
- Welder - 2nd shift in Acton MA
- 2nd Shift Powder Coater in Acton MA
- Sr. MFG Supervisor in New York NY
- Shipper in Acton MA
- Assembly in Alpharetta GA
- Staff Accountant in Ashland MA
- Warehouse Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Civil Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Mechanical Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Electrical Project Engineer in Germantown TN
- Inventory Control Clerk in Morrow GA
- Shipping Associate-Packing and Shipping - 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- Logistics Coordinator - 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- Finishing Technician - Sandlbaster in Gainesville GA
- Supply Chain Supervisor in Suwanee GA
- Jr. Refrigeration Tech in Acton MA
- Manufacturing Supervisor - Biomed Engineer in Memphis TN
- 1st shift Production - $14-hr. in Vineland NJ
- 1st shift Production $13-hr in Vineland NJ
- Inside Sales Account Manager in Vineland NJ
- Buyer in Merrimack NH
- Administrative Assistant in Decatur AL
- Electrical Engineer in Decatur AL
- Returned Goods Clerk in Oakdale MN
- Inventory Clerk in Oakdale MN
- Manufacturing Manager in Newnan GA
- Event Support Coordinator in Weston FL
- Service Contract Admin in Brea CA
- Senior Test Tech in Wyoming MN
- Assembly Technician in New Brighton MN
- Accounting Clerk-Specialist in Barlett TN
- Brake Press Operator - 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Field Service Technician in Decatur GA
- Buyer in Nashua NH
- Material Handler - 3rd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Material Handler - 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom - 3rd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse Associate-Forklift Operator-2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Electromechanical Assembler 2 in Westford MA
- IT Helpdesk Support in Buford GA
- Electronics Assembler in New Hope MN
- Sales Application Engineer in Circle Pines MN
- CNC Machinist 5 axis - 2nd shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Human Resources Assistant in Memphis TN
- Production Technician in Chaska MN
- Production Technician in Chaska MN
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Assembler 2 Colorado 2nd Shift in Broomfield
- Test Engineer I in Plymouth MN
- Engineer I in Plymouth MN
- Warehouse Associate in burlington MA
- Product Certification Engineer in Franklin MA
- CAD Drafter in Lithia Springs GA
- Warehouse Operator in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Oakdale MN
- Sr. Account Executive - Suwanee, Georgia in Suwanee GA
- Technical Recruiter - Suwanee, Georgia in Suwanee GA
- 1st shift Production 14.00-hr. in Bridgeton NJ
- Pasta Machine Operator in Collingswood NJ
- 2nd Shift - Pipe Bender in Acton MA
- Warehouse Dock Manager in Swedesboro NJ
- 2nd Shift Electrical Technician in Acton MA
- 2nd Shift - Assembler in Acton MA
- Warehouse Supervisor in Swedesboro NJ
- Shipper-Reciever in Norwood MA
- Technical Support Specialist in Stone Mountain GA
- Senior EV Controls Integration Engineer in Wyoming MN
- Materials Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Oxford NC
- Project Engineer in Oxford NC
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Oxford NC
- Tooling Engineer in St Paul MN
- Industrial Painter in Suwanee GA
- Senior Quality Engineer in Anoka MN
- Production Technician in Chaska MN
- Test Technician in Stone Mountain GA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Chaska MN
- Manufacturing Engineer Manager in Gainesville GA
- Print Production Specialist I (KY) in Lowell MA
- QC Scientist in Milford MA
- Firmware Test Technician in Battleground WA
- Order Planner in Flowery Branch GA
- CNC Lathe Machinist - 2nd shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Remote Part Time Customer Service Rep - Agent in Durham NC
- Finishing Operator in Broomfield CO
- CNC Machinist - 3 Axis Mill in Gainesville GA
- Service Support Technician in Rochester NY
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Merrimack NH
- Buyer-Planner in Taunton MA
- Project Controller in Alpharetta GA
- Project Engineers in North Sutton NH
- Finishing Technician in Gainesville GA
- Human Resource Generalist in Olive Branch MS
- Data Scientist in Chaska MN
- Marketing Specialist in Brea CA
- Soldering Technician in Suwanee GA