Manufacturing Engineer – Direct Hire
We have a growing manufacturing client looking to add a MFG Engineer to the team!
Salary – 85k+/- depending on the specific qualifications
The Manufacturing Engineer will develop and implement LEAN and Continuous Improvement initiatives along within the manufacturing processes – in accordance to product specification and quality standards, in improve production / reduce costs & waste. This will also involve working on tooling methods and controls to improve productivity and reduce production cost.
- Creates and modifies Routings in the ERP system to reflect new / changed product specifications and / or processes.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources - and cost justify various tools, machinery and equipment - for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Review design proposals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications; Creates 2D/3D CAD models of Tooling, Gauges, Fixtures etc..
- Leads Lean initiatives (i.e. Value Stream Mapping, 5S) - Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Creates written and / or video work instructions for use by others in the organization to perform their work.
- Assists Tooling Engineer in the procurement maintenance and repair of tooling for manufacturing equipment; Collaborates with the Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing departments to enhance tooling performance until completion of the project.
- Participates in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting efforts; provides technical input and support as required
- BS in Engineering, preferred (specific work experience will be highly considered)
- 3+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering Role.
- Proficiency with 2D & 3D CAD, ideally.
- Firm understanding of manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly, and production equipment
- Understanding of Lean and Continuous Improvement Principals
- Understand metal fabrication, routings / ops sheets, tooling & fixturing etc..
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.