Scope and Authority
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the technical support provided to Production or Assembly, with the aim of achieving the production of products at the best possible price, quality, and time. The Manufacturing Engineer acts as the first point of contact for technical problems in the Production or Assembly departments, and has a coordinating role. The Manufacturing Engineer has contact with suppliers and other branches of Marel. When relevant, the Manufacturing Engineer works closely together with colleagues within different department, for instance: Manufacturing, Product Development, Innovation, Assembly departments, Purchasing, Service, Order Engineering, or R&D.
What is in it for you?
- Set your own schedule!
- PTO from time of hire
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K with match
- Participation in work consultation meetings
- Marking recommendations to the organization in relation to the production methods and processes in general. When relevant, Manufacturing Engineers could be asked to give insight into development of new products.
- Contributing knowledge (network) in relation to production, assembly, and other relevant technologies
- New Product Introduction (NPI) of transferred equipment into the site
- Focuses on optimization of material flow processes and operation processes on manufacturing cells.
- Monitor and improve the quality where required
- Provide feedback to internal customers to improve: the internal production process, the design process, ECR process and cost reduction
- Management and optimization of the operational procedures, Bill of Material (BOM) and internal cost price
- Management, preparation, and maintenance of documentation regarding manufacturing process descriptions and engineering procedures (e.g., for molds, programs, tools, etc.)
- Management of the classification based on the continuous EXF process regarding manufacturing of parts
- Taking part in decision-making about he operational procedures with the department
- Setting priorities for activities in projects and for one’s own activities within the set parameters
- Fulfilment of the completion and acceptance criteria for the regular fabrication and/or assembly process
- Participating in investment projects regarding technologies
- Identifying the source causes of quality issues and implementation of solutions
- The Manufacturing Engineer Product Development Process (PDP) works closely with the Innovation department and focuses on supporting the development of new products
Skills and abilities
- Leading and initiating action: Initiates activity and changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions, which may include tough choices or considered risk
- Leading and supervising: Provides others with a clear direction’ motivates and empowers others’ provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Working with people: listen to others; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well
- Adhering to principles and values: demonstrates integrity
- Analyzing: probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Planning and organizing sets clearly defined objectives; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Adapting and responding to chance: tolerates ambiguity: accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering or other relevant education) or equivalent work experience within a technological field
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Knowledge of ERP and PLM software, lean manufacturing is a plus
- Experience of leading projects is a plus
- Knowledge of production and assembly methods, product innovation and logistical processes is a plus
- Command of both verbal and written English
- Experience with and comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.