As part of our fast paced Manufacturing Engineering team, the Manufacturing Engineer will join a team that is responsible for meeting business performance requirements along with being responsible for critical assembly work cells. The position is also responsible for improving existing processes and defining new processes for fiber-based electro-optical product and will participate in cost improvement projects, provide technical support to meet volume manufacturing throughput requirements, support incoming materials quality and will provide DFM/DFC input for new product transfers to manufacturing.
- Select, maintain and develop equipment and processes related to fiber splicing.
- Support optical packaging sealing processes for environmental protection.
- Work with Quality Team to outline and verify quality plans.
- Create and maintain detailed Manufacturing procedures on developed processes.
- Apply skills to assist in process improvement throughout opto-assembly processes.
- Establish critical process parameters and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) to ensure process consistency
- Establish process flows through Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Establish and train assembly personnel to workmanship standards that ensure the highest quality components and finished product are produced
- Provide failure analysis and continuous improvement on developed and existing processes
- Define product routing and optimize through Lean Mfg Methods.
- Develop and implement changes in procedures, process parameters, project scheduling, procurement specifications, design rules and equipment configurations where necessary.
- Monitor process and product step yields and implement corrective actions.
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Good technical understanding of opto-electronics assembly, test processes, and clean room manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of fiber optic and photonic modules.
- Experience in optical components and joining technologies.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices so issues can be highlighted and managed by the appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing & Continual Improvement strategy.
- Exposure to SPC and GMP and basic problem solving techniques.
- Drive and Determination
- Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Innovation and Creativity
- Delivering Results
- Problem Solving
- Technical BS degree (ME/OE) with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a optical device volume-manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to self-organize and work pro-actively and effectively with engineers and across functional departments
- Process qualification, standardization, yield enhancement and cost reduction.
- Photonics applications, specifically fiber optics.
- Green Belt certification a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma and Lean Principles in volume manufacturing.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.