Are you looking for an opportunity as a Manufacturing Process Engineer to utilize your talents? Our client in West metro, is looking for a dynamic Extrusion Engineer to join their growing team! This is a direct hire opportunity with growth potential! Must be local to MN.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for optimizing and improving Extrusion operations using engineered solutions, structured problem solving and Lean methodology. Key areas of focus include safety, ergonomics, productivity improvements, set-up reduction, process optimization, cost reduction and Total Predictive Maintenance (TPM).
Essential Functions of the Manufacturing Process Engineer:
Minimum Qualifications of the Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Initiate and lead safety, quality, service, and productivity (cost) improvement projects in Extrusion operations.
- Manage documentation of product cost, quality, process understanding, and specifications.
- Development and implementation of cross-functional projects, plans, and programs in support of business and strategic plans
- Lead and sustain Lean efforts in 6S, set-up reduction, lead time reduction, machine capability and the reduction of non-value-added activities, Lead Kaizen improvement events and follow-up activities
- Support the improvement of our extrusion capabilities to optimize our investment in inventory
- Provide management and team members concise reports and updates as required on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual basis.
- Coordinate materials compliance activities such as REACH, RoHS and SOVHC
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 2+ years’ experience in a sheet/ roll thermoplastics extrusion environment
- Previous experience in two or more of the following roles: Extrusion Engineer. Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Quality Engineer, in an extrusion environment
- 2 years direct involvement and leadership in Lean manufacturing/Continuous Improvement environment
- Formal training and advanced knowledge of Lean methodologies and Operational Excellence. Evidence of ongoing training as required to keep skills current and relevant
- Proficient with CAD drawing using either, SolidWorks, Pro-Engineer or Autodesk Inventor.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and other computer application skills. Experience with ERP systems.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.