Mechanical Engineer - Direct Hire - Oxford, NC area
We have a growing manufacturing client looking to add to an Mechanical Engineer to their team!
Salary - 80k-90k + 10-12k bonus potential
The Mechanical Design Engineers work with Sales / Applications and the customer to determine the specification of the product; then taking previous designs, when possible, they will engineer and design a custom product per spec, working with MFG on the processes required to product the part, 2D and 3D modeling of the part, determining the bill of materials etc...
- Develops and configures new designs; research design proposals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specifies system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications: writes performance specifications and product manuals.
- Reads and interprets technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Leads projects and interfaces with sales, manufacturing, quality and the test lab
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Investigates and resolves product issues. Determines non-conforming modes and issues corrective action reports to resolve them.
- BS in Engineering – Mechanical, preferably
- 5+ years’ experience
- AutoCAD and 3D Modeling experience, Solidworks proficiency a plus
- Understanding of product design as well as manufacturing processes
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.