Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a background in sheet metal or enclosure design? Rapidly growing company in southern NH is expanding their team with a capable Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Design Engineer to come in and work on custom projects on a direct basis. If this sounds like you, apply with your resume today!
Design and develop new server rack, cabinet, and enclosure applications.
• Design and develop new power solutions.
• New product development.
• Consult with customers and quote customer’s custom enclosure applications.
• Be able to learn our product line in order to help and quote customers.
• Attend trade shows
• Provide initial design concepts, including research of new components.
• Provide initial time and material estimates for quotes
• Compiling costs and lead times for non-recurring engineering charges
• Create mechanical design prints
• Provide guidance on design specifics (fastener torques, selection of fasteners, acceptable tolerances, etc.)
• Create and maintain bills of materials for fabricated and assembled products.
• Construct prototypes.
• Perform mechanical and/or basic electrical testing to verify designs meet customer requirements.
• 1st piece inspection and approval of prototype parts or purchased parts, including review or completion of any required test and inspection reports.
• Produce documentation as required per ISO9001:2015.
• Writing and implementing Engineering Change Notices
• Monitoring and making appropriate notifications to various departments when parts or systems are being revised or obsoleted to reduce obsolete inventory.
• Provide technical assistance to Service & Warranty, Purchasing and Quality departments.
• Help out as required to design and build small programming or test fixtures.
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer Type: Full Time (Mon-Fri 7:00am- 5:00pm)
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to design and develop OEM and Data Center Solutions from server racks and cabinets, to power solutions and accessories. We pride ourself on custom mechanical engineering to develop the industry's highest quality Cabinet and Enclosure Solutions.
Core job responsibilities will be working one on one with the customer to design/ develop desired solutions in order to accomplish their end goal. Work as a member of the Engineering team to assist the department in producing a smooth, efficient flow of quality work through the company. Will receive direction and work assignments from other members of the Engineering department, in coordination with the immediate supervisor.
• 3-5 years of Mechanical Engineering Experience • Extensive electrical knowledge, with the ability to design different configurations of power strips and PDUs. • Air conditioning knowledge in order to help our customers with our AC product line. • Seismic and Shielding knowledge. • PLC knowledge is a plus. • Heat exchanger knowledge is a plus. • Experience with CAD engineering • PCB design is a plus. • Data center design is a plus. • Basic mechanical and manufacturing process knowledge is expected. • Experience in using 2-D cad drawing package is expected. • Experience in using 3-D cad drawing software and 3-D modelling design principles is expected (Iron CAD preferred). • Design and layout of wire harnesses, sheet metal, and circuits is desired.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.