We are working with a large manufacturing and distribution operation in Newnan, GA who is looking for a Packaging Engineer to join their team.
The Packaging Engineer will work on custom design to move materials and parts throughout the facility / production line, with a focus on lean initiatives in the supply chain.
- Design and implement solutions to lower packaging and freight costs through increasing cube utilization of truck trailers
- Identify methods to improve cube utilization of packaging to simultaneously lower overall packaging and transportation expenses.
- Write procedures to standardize secondary packaging to ensure best practices.
- Work with supplier to protection of all parts, ship product to customer specifications, and comply with delivery requirements.
- Implement packaging that meets environmental requirements while reducing material waste.
- Execute packaging / material handling fixtures solutions to reduce labor costs throughout the Logistics value stream
- BS in Engineering - Mechanical or Industrial, ideally
- Proficient in - Autocad, Autodesk Inventor, or Solidworks
- 3+ years’ experience in engineering role in a logistics / manufacturing environment