We have an immediate - Direct Hire Opening - for a Chemical Engineer / Process Engineer in the Charlotte, NC area.
The Process Engineer will use engineering experience and knowledge to support specialty equipment and systems. Responsibilities include running laboratory feasibility studies (PES) and customer–attended Test Center trials to develop scale-up data. Also responsible for system design/costing, proposals, field service/troubleshooting, and start-ups.
- Perform Test Center demonstrations and Laboratory evaluations, as a precursor to sales, on client material incorporating company's technology and experience. Analyze the test data and write reports for the Tests and Preliminary Evaluations.
- Design systems for specific product applications based on analysis of the test results and customer data, along with know-how and experience to maximize company's competitive situation.
- Estimate cost of proposed systems and prepare proposals. Writing proposals including costing jobs and maintaining pricing levels in a way that will maximize competitiveness and profit margins.
- Travel to customer sites to discuss potential applications, help set strategy, and present seminars covering technologies. Domestic and international travel for start-ups of leased and purchased equipment.
- Inspect equipment during and after fabrication and assembly to ensure they meet the client’s requirements and expectations. Communicate any deficiencies to the appropriate persons.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- 0-5 years of experience
- Proficient in reading Engineering drawings (PFD’s, PID’s, GA’s, etc)
- Strong written and communication skills; oral presentations
- Desirable-Process Simulation Software (ASPEN), AutoCad, OSHA & EPA training, safety training.
- EIT a plus