Product Certification Engineer
Are you looking for a direct hire opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company needs a dynamic Product Certification Engineer to join their growing team in Franklin, MA area but can be a remote position as well!
What the Product Certification Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensuring continuing compliance of all products to global certifications and regulations.
- The individual will keep track of all active and pending certifications, lead communications with certification and regulatory bodies, and facilitate audits necessary to maintain certification.
- Collaborating with engineering on new product and product certification initiatives, assisting as necessary with certification cost estimates and application development.
- Looking for opportunities to reduce the total cost and complexity of the portfolio of certifications, driving resulting initiatives.
What you will need to be successful:
- Experience applying for and maintaining hazardous approvals in various area- DNV, KTL, UKCA, ROHS, REACH, and other agencies)
- The ability to understand, interpret, and communicate information from technical drawings. (2D/3D CAD and PCB layout experience a plus).
- Must stay up to date on changes to applicable regulations and standards, able to plan for and adapt to changes and drive effective action to remediate risks to compliance.
- Maintain all Controlled Document Lists (CDL) for various agencies and manage revisions, as necessary.
- Create templates and process documents for product approvals.
- Maintain certifications budget and evaluate certification value, escalating cost savings opportunities to management.
- Seek opportunities to streamline product approvals and audit requirements related to product certifications.
- Engineering Change Order (ECO) ability to own & drive multiple changes to closure.
- Independently facilitate CAR, CAPA or Non-conformances Root Cause Analysis [RCA].
- Quality System knowledge (ISO 17025, AS9100/ISO 9001) or others with ability to rapidly identify and resolve system gaps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other related technical discipline.
- 5-7 years of industry-related experience
A recognized leader in the staffing industry for the past 30 years, DAVIS Companies partners with top employers both locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. Being a ClearyRated, Best of Staffing Award recipient 7 years in a row for exceptional client and talent service means we make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. With offices in Marlborough, MA, Manchester, NH, Suwanee, GA, Minneapolis, MN, Vineland, NJ and Memphis, TN, we put great people to work at great companies.